Monday, October 31, 2011

Lady's Monthly Macaron

Photobucket

I would like to introduce you to a passion of mine and a new column that I will be having on my blog once a month, appropriatly named..... Monthly Macaron. The reason this is not a weekly post is because Lady doesn't want to be the side of a house!

I love macarons, little morsels of lovely crispy goodness!  I had my first on in Paris 4 years ago from Laduree. They were amazing, and I have been some what obsessed in finding the perfect macaron in my home town, Melbourne. For this month's "Monthly Macaron", I will be sharing a macaron experience that I had in New York in August.

So each month give my regal opinion on the flavour, freshness, consistency and Presentation. When I travel I will hunt down Macaron stores to test, but mainly I will be trekking the streets of Melbourne for the best Macarons.

I was in New York in August and I stumbled upon Bisous Macaron in the Lower East Side.



They were divine. I bought half a dozen and made my way to find a place to sit and eat them. Due to the weather being a bit steamy, I had no excuse but to gobble them all up in one sitting! They were fresh, crispy on the outside and gooey in the centre.  I also loved the shop front, and the packaging.

So here is my rating:

Flavour - Favourite would have to be salted caramel, not far behind how ever is the lavender and honey
Freshness - Amazing, one of the freshest macarons I have ever had
Consistency - varied between flavours, one may have had more filling that the other, but over all very yum
Presentation - Presented in a matchbox like box with stores trademark colours. with a small fold up menu of what you ordered just in case you forget.

Overall Rating: 8/10

If you are in the LES while in New York and you are fond of a Macaron, or two or six! Head on down to Biscous Ciao Macaron

101 Stanton St. 
NYC 10002
between Ludlow and Orchard

4 comments:

Gina Gonzalez Schanel said...

I LOVE this post, the images and your original artwork is so great! I'm not done with my BYW homework so I went to the forum for some inspiration. I'm so glad I found your blog -- thanks so much for sharing!
be well.

Weekend Project Girl said...

Beautiful pics and they have fantastic package design! Sorry to say I've never had macaroons! Kind of crazy since they are so popular right now...

Lady Fable said...

You need to try them, they are amazing!

Andrea Ferretti said...

OMG I just had Laduree macaroons for the first time in Paris and they were divine! Fun post :) I absolutely love your illustrations. Nice to meet you via BYW!
Best,
Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...