Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lady Loving

What am I loving right now....lots of things, especially the winter sun that is beaming through my study window while I am typing. But I wanted to kick off my blog drought with some of my favourite things and finds that I have bought, done or found over the last month.


1.  Marc Jacobs Sneaker Wedges
I wanted a pair of sneaker wedges when I first saw them earlier in the year. While in New York I has wee splurge and bought myself a pair from Bloomingdales. (Tip: anyone that is travelling and shopping in Bloomy's you can get a 10% discount, it pretty much cuts out the tax at the register) I love these boots, have worn them twice this week to work and they are super comfy and cool.



2. MOO
I dont mean the cow variety. Moo.com are a UK based print company that delivered my Lady Fable Business cards this week. Their process is simple, you upload your design (or use one of theirs) pick your paper stock, finish and WaLa, your business cards are done. I choose the normal delivery so I had to wait a month, but they have the option to express deliver. Their customer service is excellent, and this is had to come by in my experiece with online printing companys.

The other awesome feature is that your Moo cards can have is multiple faces, up to 50 in fact!  I only chose three, but I have have different colours on the back of my cards. It is great as you can use them as a showcase of your work, dependent on what you do.


They also come in a card holder with dividers for your cards and all the other cards you pick up from other lovely people. I did a small run of 50 and it cost me around $26.00AUD. I believe that to be a bargain.

3. Getting my Geek on - New Macbook Pro with Retina Display
I had been looking at the new MacBook Pro online since its release a month or so ago, but have you seen it in the flesh? I was in the Apple store on Thursday night and it is a beauty (Yes, I am a geek!) I currently have a 17" Macbook, it is heavy and clunky and it as pain in the a$$ to travel with.  The new one only weighs 2kg (I am talking the 15" model) and is super skinny. This is due to the fact that there is no disc drive, I am not crying over the loss of it as I can't remember the last time I used the disc drive. I have instantly fallen in love with it and it is on my I want it list.

Image source. Apple

4. It's not what you know, it's who!
On my recent trip for work, my bested Lady, Beauty Voyeur was in NYC the same time as me on her belated Honeymoon. This was good for me for two reasons. The first being for years I have been (happily) her make-up mule. She would send me a list and then I would make a stop at Sephora and M.A.C to get her a supply. I would then mule it back for her. So I had more room in my case this trip  for my own shopping!!

The second reason is Beauty Voyeur has a MAC pro card as she is a Pro Makeup Artist, so as I was with her one day we went into a MAC store and we got to stock up on MAC product at discounted (the US prices are ridiculously cheap in comparison to the Australian prices already) price. Amazing!!


5. A lady can never have enough dresses. 
I love dresses, I bought two beautiful dresses on my trip for summer, but I have fallen for another (my poor credit card!!). The Transcendance Dress is by DeCjuba can be dressed up or down and is available now for $149.95.

The Transcendance Dress  by DeCjuba
Have a lovely weekend Ladies and Lord's!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really Nice and Interesting Post. I was Looking for this Kind of Information and Enjoyed Reading this One. Keep Posting. Thanks for Sharing.

Travel Bags

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...