Monday, April 11, 2011

New York........I love you

I love New York. Rain, Hail or Shine, I love it. I will never for get my first time in New York City 5 years ago. I was on my first Trend Trip with Queen Elizabeth and I can remember the exhilaration and overwhelming feeling of OMG when i first saw Times Square.

Times Square August 10 - Steamy Hot Summers Night
I have a bit of a routine when I am here, due to being there for work purposes I have limited amounts of time to explore and discover new things. But I will share with you some of my favourites of this lovely city!!

Coffee
With Starbucks on every corner and sometimes your only option when it comes to "Real" Coffee, i have made a concerted effort to find good coffee in NYC. My First pick is Gimme Coffee. Located in Nolita at 228 Mott St, it is small but the coffee is great. Second pick is Ground Support in Soho (339 West Broadway). Great friendly staff and great coffee.

Stay
This Trip i stayed in a new neighbour, that being the Lower East Side or LES for short. I stayed at Hotel on Rivington. i stayed in a basic room on a lower floor but if you have the budget try and stay on a higher floor as the views of the city are magnificent. (Check out there website) Rooms here are big and spacious for the price. 

Breakfast is a steal for $5 at the Thor Resturant.

Voted one of  the Sexiest Hotels the establishment is cool. Friday and Saturday nights the downstairs bar turns into a club with the line long and the music pumping.

Hotel On Rivington (image from Expedia)


View from my Room (not so Glam)

The candy store right at my doorstep (I restrained myself from going in!)



Eat
One thing I do do every trip, and yes it is a bit much and terribly cliche, is visit Magnolia Bakery. Made famous by Sex and the City, the lines can be out the door.  The original bakery is in Bleecker street but the have and store in Midtown, so I visit for a late lunch every trip and eat my cupcakes for lunch (Red Velvet and Vanilla/Vanilla is my Ultimate). Not a nutritious lunch but absolutely delicious.




My goal in the next year is to go to NYC for a Holiday....Not for work. So i can show Lord Fable my favourite city in the world and sink my teeth into this great city and enjoy it for all is Glory.

2 comments:

Morganna Magee said...

Three posts in 24 hours- the Lady is in the house!

xx

Lady Fable said...

Yes, the Lady is back! I want to post about you if you don't mind!! Spreading the blog love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...