Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chilling out in FIJI

I have had a great break from the digital world. I have been on a lovely holiday with my family in Fiji. Six nights of relaxing, reading and eating way too much food. the unfortunate thing is I have come back from my trip with an allergic reaction. To what, we will never know, but it is from head to toe and I feel like a Leper. I will be back in full swing on Monday.

One of the books that I read while I was away that really affected me (to the point that I was depressed for the day after I finished it) was Still Alice.


A heartbreaking story of a woman, who at 50 is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. The Author, Lisa Genova holds a PHD in Neuroscience and is her first book. It was fantastic read, but was so real that it left me thinking. The story follows her from when she realises that something is not right to going through all the tests to find out that she has Alzheimer's disease. It then goes through the emotion and hearbreak of how this degenrative disease effects the sufferer and their family. 


A brilliant read but would recommend on reading this at home rather than on a Sunlounger on holidays. Too many tears!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about depressing you

Lady Fable said...

Dear Lady "Anonymous", thanks for leaving a comment. Dont get me wrong it was a great book. Lucky I had good company when I was in F1J1.

xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...