Sunday, April 1, 2012

To Market to Market.....

The last couple of weekends I have been visiting a few Markets. Last weekend I visited The Peoples Market & Flea at Docklands with The Lady of the South.  It is on every Saturday with each section with certain opening and closing times:

Foodies & Farmers: 10:00 am – 2:00pm
Flea: 10:00 am – 4:00pm
Container: 10:00am – 9:00pm

Photo by Lady Fable


Nested in the end of no where, at bottom end of the Docklands they have made nice little home  for this market with a difference. With shipping containers scattered around (that I think are to protect you from the Docklands wind tunnel), it gives it a real industrial feel. At The Peoples Market and Flea you can find Food Stalls, Good Coffee, Fresh Food and Flea stalls. Last week was the launch of the Grill'd Airstream. I got my self a tasty burger and gobbled it up on my make-shift table made from old pallets and milk crates.

The League Coffee


Photo by Lady Fable
The great thing about The People Market as when the sun goes down the lights are still running so you can go down and have a meal and drinks and watch the sun set.

The market is small and still in its start up phase but I believe that it can only get better. I bought a cute vintage pussy bow blouse from the Bleecker Street Vintage Stall, which I hope to show you in an outfit post later next week.

To have a Flea stall it is $35 but if you print a friend you can get two for $50.

Containers with Food Stalls and make-shift tables and chairs

So if you are looking for something to do in Melbourne on a Saturday I would recommend and check out the Peoples Market for yourself. Check out their website for details of what is happening, as there is something on every week and it seams to be every changing. Currently they are call a call for Artists to showcase their work.


The Peoples Market & Flea
453-507 Docklands Drive
www.peoplesmarket.com.au

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...