Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Packing.....My mini nightmare

Via

I leave on Friday for a work trip for two weeks. My dilemma, packing for 3 different climates and not taking too much luggage. I am going from mild to freezing to freaking freezing and then back to mild weather. For the past week, I have been scanning my wardrobe in my head while in the shower and driving to work, trying to mix and match everything to ensure that have covered business meeting attire to walking 5km a day while still being warm, comfortable and feeling oh so chic. Can this be done. Of course it can!

Here are some of my tips:
  1. Layer upon layer: pack layers, black camis, long sleeve tees, leggings, cardis and light sweaters.
  2. Pack 2-3  dresses that can be worn with and without tights
  3. pack on trusty winter coat
  4. buy mini bottles for your moisturiser, shampoo and conditioner. Or better yet use what the hotel shampoo and conditioner.
  5. Colour - I always pack 2-3 scarves in different colours to jazz up my outfits.
  6. Boots - as it is going to be cold and I will be doing some kms, a good pair of sturdy, solid boots are a must. Can be worn with jeans and a nice dress with tights
  7. I wear my bulky heavy items like my boots and coat on the plane as its easier than stuffing them in my suitcase.
Really, I should have started packing on the weekend. I can see myself now at midnight Thursday running around the Palace like a headless chook trying to find and stuff everything in my case. Another tip, do as I say and not as I do. If you do this you are destined to over pack.

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...